This copper double bowl kitchen sink is an exquisite utility product which every modern kitchen should have. It features two rectangular dual basins which has smoothly rounded inside corners with wide sink hole at the center of each bowl.
Following are some of the highlights of the product:
- Copper Double Bowl Basin
- Available in both hammered / plain surface
- Made from solid copper
- Metal thickness : 16 gauge
- Hand waxed for easy maintenance
- Finish will patina with time and normal use
- Available in light, medium or dark antique finish
- Dimension 36″ x 21″ x 10″
Advantages of having Copper Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
- If you love the look of a warm, natural, golden brown patina, you’ll be delighted to know that pure copper kitchen sinks don’t require any maintenance!
- Mother Nature has given copper a seemingly magical quality known as a ‘living finish’. This very unique characteristic sets copper apart from most other metals and is the primary reason why a pure copper sink or bath tub becomes more beautiful with age!
- Copper sinks ‘heal themselves’. Should you happen to scratch the surface and end up with a bright, shiny, streak somewhere on your sink or tub, you won’t need to take any steps to ‘fix’ it, because of copper’s ‘living finish’ properties, your copper kitchen sink, bathroom sink or bathtub will quite literally ‘heal’ itself!
- Copper is naturally antibacterial! Recent studies have shown that bacteria only lives for hours on copper, as compared to living for days on stainless steel and longer still on all other types of kitchen and bath surfaces! You can toss out all those disinfectants and antibacterial products you’ve got stashed under your kitchen sink! Bacteria will simply not live on copper
Noteworthy things to check while buying Copper Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
- Pure Copper vs. Recycled Copper
Although copper has been used for nearly 10,000 years, only about 12% of the known worldwide copper resources have been mined throughout history. And, because copper is indestructible, nearly all of it is still in circulation… but mostly in ‘recycled’ form.
- recycled copper…
When an item made of copper is discarded, it is melted down, combined with other alloys, then re-marketed in the form of recycled copper. As a result, the majority of copper on the market today is no longer pure copper. It’s an 80/20 or 90/10 copper/alloy mix. And, the ‘mix’ portion is comprised of unknown alloys… as there is no industry standard.
- The vast majority of copper products in use today… copper wiring, copper tubing, copper plumbing, copper valves, copper fittings, the copper in your home appliances, in your heating and cooling system… etc, are (with the exception of copper wiring), made of recycled copper.
- Recycled copper contains a high enough percentage of copper for the above products to perform their primary function. And, although the alloy ‘mix’ in recycled copper compromises copper’s luxurious look, most of these products are hidden or ‘out-of-sight’, so aesthetics is not an issue.
- pure copper…
On the other hand, a copper double bowl kitchen sink made of copper plays a dual role in your home. It obviously must be functional, but because it is in full view at all times, it is equally important that it be aesthetically pleasing as well!
- Many of the copper sinks and bath tubs on the market today are made of recycled copper which is really not well suited to handle the dual role of function and beauty… the primary duties of sinks and bathtubs. Only a copper double bowl kitchen sink made of pure copper will truly satisfy both of these needs.